Thursday, December 18, 2008

*love for an angel*

last september my uncle passed away one the 9th. he was diagnosed with muscular distrophy when he was 8 which in his case he couldnt walk. he had a wheel cair and a special van with a lift so he could get in & out easily. i remember being at my dads house and it was over turkey trot weekend. my mom called me so i went outside to get service. he had been sick since april making trips back and forth to the hospital. he lived with my grandma and his service dog Gina. but anyways i answered the phone and my mom had told me that Doug had passed away. it was hard we stayed on the phone for 5 minutes without saying a word. i went in the house and my dad talked to my mom and she told him. i stayed the night with my dad that night instead of going home. the viewing was long and never ending. the funeral was at our church it was hard watching him be taken out of the church knowing he'll never go back in. over thanksgiving this and last year me, mom, alyssa, and grandma went to eat and then to visit his grave in vincennes. its gorgeous now with the flowers and ribbons that Diane Lengacher made for us. he was a huge fan of the stl. cardinals and the dallas cowboys. we still have Gina she is no longer used as a service dog though. she was confused when he passed away, she knew he was gone but she didnt understand. i remember getting phone calls late in the night/ early in the morning. one night grandma was @ the hospital and she called us @ 1 in the morning and said he had stopped breathing. i just felt this huge sickness in my stomach. i was so scared thinking "why is this happening to us?" grandma always said that the blue streaks in the sky is doug running. we know that he is running the biggest race ever and he isnt going to stop.
*RIP Doug Edwards
9/9/07*

No comments: